Monday, April 22, 2013

The Last American Hero

Django Unchained Countdown
#5:

The Last American Hero IMDb
This movie here features the song "I've Got A Name" by Jim Croce, which also comes out in Django Unchained.  That's the only connection.  I had to see it just for kicks.  It's a carsploitation movie with bootleg whiskey and it stars "The Dude."  I never heard of this movie before.  I'm not big into car racing movies.  There's a few I do like for example: Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Duel, Death Race 2000, and the original Gone In 60 seconds.  I'm not fan of others like Vanishing Point or Fast Furious.  This one is okay.  Not a fan of it.  Good to see a young Jeff Bridges and even Gary Busey.  This movie is all about bootleg whiskey and car racing to save the family from the law and get bigger.  Not a movie I would see again.  I'll be back on Wednesday for #4.