Tuesday, April 9, 2013

New Release Tuesday: The Sorcerer and the White Snake

The Sorcerer and the White Snake IMDb
Well, it's New Release Tuesday.  Today, I wanted to watch a South Korean movie called, "Woochie."  Sounded really good but I couldn't find it anywhere.  Vulcan Video is going to try to order it.  Today I settled with this fantasy/kung fu Chinese flick with Jet Li.  Not as bad as I thought but still didn't like it as a whole.  I knew it was going to be all cgi/video game like, so I didn't mind that much.  The story was weak especially towards the end.  The end was just too cheesy.  I think the love story part kind of kills it.  It's good to have the love angle as long as it works with the film. Here, it went a little too much for me.  Some action scenes were pretty good.  The kung fu is too powerful here.  One touch can kill thousands of snakes.  This is a fantasy film so all beliefs have to be suspended in order to somewhat enjoy it.  Not a film I would like to see again, that's for sure.