Sunday, March 24, 2013

Oscar Night Sunday: The French Connection

The French Connection
Can't believe this movie got the Oscar in 1971.  It's not at all a bad movie just not a type of movie that usually gets Oscars.  This reminded me a bit of those Italian gangster exploitation films.  This has some good moments.  All in all, it was just about two undercover narcotic cops trying to do a big drug bust.  It gets a little tense towards the end.  The subway scene where the bad guy knows he's being followed was pretty cool.  Couple of chase scenes in the climax made this an okay movie for me.  Gene Hackman is badass here. I always here about this movie but glad to finally see it for Oscar Night.  I wouldn't buy it, though. 

Going to be taking a movie break this week.  Going to Puerto Rico for a whole week.  There will be no New Release Tuesday this week.  I'll probably see a couple of movies on the road, including a movie from Puerto Rico.  Maybe I'll do a Samurai Monday.