Friday, March 15, 2013

Cult Classic Friday: Pink Flamingos

 Pink Flamingos IMDb
It's only fair to watch this Cult movie this year for Cult Classic Friday.  Lots of people talk about it.  The character is painted on the side of I Luv Video here in Austin.  It is directed by John Waters (director of Cry Baby and the original Hairspray).  This movie is so freaking disgusting.  I heard some crap about it but what I heard did not give this movie justice as being one of the filthiest movie around.  Hell, that's the point of the story here.  Two sets of families are competing to see who is the filthiest group of them all.  This has it all.  Sex with a girl with chickens involved including killing the chicken during the encounter, eating a dog's turd, a big girl eating lots of eggs, and licking and spitting on every furniture possible are some of the things that happen in this flick.  It is very cheesy, bad acting, grindhouse feel of a movie.  And I liked it.  Not in love but it was interesting to see.  One thing for sure, I am glad I didn't eat anything while watching this or else, I might of had vomit all over the damn place.  At your own risk.  Might get this for the Grindhouse section.