Monday, March 18, 2013

Fat Kid Rules The World

Fat Kid Rules The World
Saw this movie last Saturday night after coming home from work.  Picked up wings from Plucker's and enjoyed this movie.
This is Matthew Lillard's directorial debut. Of course there's got to be punk here (Matthew Lillard comes out in a great film called "SLC Punk").  I first heard about this at SXSW last year.  It was an okay movie.  Little funny moments.  The father here gave me a few pointers (especially when dealing with teenagers).  I still have about 10 years more to go before my little man becomes one of these teenagers.  Gotta be prepared.  The story had its dramatic moments especially in the second half.  Basically, it's a fat kid who doesn't have any friends.  He meets this one older guy who doesn't have any ambition except being a punk rocker.  They bond a little and get into trouble and friendship develops.  Like I said, it's okay for an independent drama.  Good for a one time deal.