Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New Release Tuesday: Zero Dark Thirty

Zero Dark Thirty IMDb
This movie never caught my attention, but since I want to save The Hobbit for a special ocassion, and this was nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars, I went with it for New Release Tuesday.  It was too long.  A little better than what I thought.  Still, it was another big Hollywood dramatic movie.  It's all about Jessica Chastain here.  The whole movie is about her finding Osama Bin Laden. She was crying for an Oscar. Thank goodness it went to Jennifer Lawrence.  I just didn't buy some scenes here.  Why of all people do they put a woman to interrogate big Muslim guys who believe women have no rights?  I mean, I'm sure that happens but here it was a little too much for me. I like how everything led up to the discovery of Bin Laden.  The only complaint in that last scene was that it was a little too dark to see what was going on.  Overall, not a movie I would see again and again, but glad to have seen it to get it off my shoulders.