Friday, October 31, 2014

Nightcrawler (2014)

Woke up this Halloweeen morning to this psychothic drama.  It was the closing film at Fantastic Fest this year but I missed it due to work.  I thought it was okay.  I was wanting something else.  It's psychotic, alright.  It gets pretty damn crazy towards the end.  But, it didn't do it for me and I usually like these types of movies.  Maybe it has something do with my work.  I cover crime scene stuff and see some crazy shit every once in a while with work.  The story here didn't feel too authentic.  Then again, I'm not a freelancer in Los Angeles driving around looking for crazy shit to videotape.  So the story was entertaining for what it was but nothing special that left me satisfied.  Jake Gyllehaal plays one mean heartless bastard.  Kudos for that.
Man, when a movie kind of leaves me not fully satisfied, I tend to write less.  If a movie blows my mind away, I usually can't stop writing about it.  I'm done.  Happy Halloween!!!!!