Monday, October 6, 2014

Eega (Makkhi)

Goddamn, this was an awesome experience.  I'm still tripping out and it's been a few hours since I saw it.  This is a love story, action film, and a reincarnated revenge film from India.  Nothing I've never seen before.  This was shown at Fantastic Fest last year and I missed it for some reason.  A friend of mine reminded me about it the other day when I was talking to her about my love for revenge films.  When my friend Mike invited me to some Indian food today, I immediately thought about this movie and wondered if for some strange reason in the universe, Netflix had it.  They did.  I typed in Eega and the title Makkhi came out.  It's the same movie.  So after a big Indian meal, saw this trippy revenge movie with Mike.  Fucking badass!  At first, it was a cheesy Bollywood romantic movie then shit happens and it turned into a cheesy cgi mean ass revenge flick.  The thing taking revenge is a fly who reincarnated from this one guy who got killed by this other guy all for this cute woman.  The revenge scenes were awesome.  Cheesy but fantastic.  My favorite moment is the car crash scene.  I applauded in many other moments as.    This is also a musical.  Duh, it's a Bollywood film.  For what it is, this shit delivers the fucking goods.
A long conversation was ensued after this, specifically about people that shouldn't watch this.  Inside joke.  As a sucker for revenge films, I'm adding this one to my collection whenever it officially comes out.

Here is the pic of the delicious Indian food I had before the movie at India Palace: