Friday, October 3, 2014

Gone Girl (2014)

Director David Fincher delivers a hard and very intense thriller.  He made up for his last movie, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo remake (which I wasn't a fan of, obviously).  Here we have some very awesome performances by both our male and female lead.  It's a movie that keeps you going and becomes very unpredictable.  I don't like to spoil very good movies so it's better to discover the surprises first hand.  I can tell you one thing, this movie just made me not want to get married ever again (maybe that's an exaggeration).  Still, marriage can be fucking scary.  Love how they portray the media here and how they twist things around.  Surprise, surprise.  This movie has my favorite theme: revenge.  Then it turns to something else.  A few great psychotic moments.  And, of course, you can't go wrong with a score with Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) involved.  I enjoyed it.  The actual ending was okay, though.  Expected something else but for what it is,  it was okay.  Everything else was perfect in my book. 
Can't wait to add this to my David Fincher section.  Worth watching.