Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Willow Creek

I usually stay away from found footage movies but this is from Bobcat Goldthwait.  I enjoyed every film I've seen from him.  Well, the streak is over.  I didn't like this one.  Not because it was found footage.  In its defense, this is the way found footage films should be: just one camera.  That's why I didn't mind Blair Witch Project and the first [REC] movie,  Quarantine also (which is the U.S remake of [REC]).  Hate it when found footage films start going crazy with multiple cameras, phone cameras, and etc.  Okay, enough with my take on found footage films.  This movie is basically the Blair Witch Project but with Bigfoot instead of a witch.  Nothing original about it.  I did like the long uninterrupted 15 minute take of the couple scared inside the tent.  That was an original move.  Other than that, no big surprises and no payoff.  
Not recommended.  If you like dark comedies, check out Bobcat Goldthwait's other films: World's Greatest Dad, God Bless America, Sleeping Dogs Lie, and Shakes the Clown.  They're nothing like this one.