Thursday, October 16, 2014

French Cinema Night: The Bride Wore Black

This is a straight up French revenge film.  I liked it.  The story is basic.  It's about this one lady whose husband gets killed right on her wedding day.  Five people were responsible for this.  She was about to kill herself but she decided to take revenge instead.  Oh yeah!  So she tracks them all one by one.  The story gets interesting because her husband's death wasn't intentional.  The bride doesn't care though.  She'll have her revenge.  Man, I gotta tell you, the shots were pretty amazing here.  I think the majority of the French films I've seen this year share that same trait.  Love the ending to this.
Overall, recommended if you're in the mood for a little bit of revenge.  Surprisingly, French Cinema Night has been my favorite monthly special this year. Next to Zatoichi Night, of course.  I've enjoyed most of the French films I've seen this year.  I got two more French Cinema Nights left.  I'm already thinking about next year's monthly specials.