Sunday, November 2, 2014

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

Took my son Nathan to see this movie today at the discount theatre.  Went in with low expectations.  Verdict:  It was okay and I'm glad I got it out of the way.  I can see why a lot of people hated it.  These were my childhood heroes.  Heroes in a half shell!  The story kind of sucked.  It was predictable and nothing exciting happened.  Some unnecessary explosions towards the end.  Big surprise!!  Anyways, this movie is all about April and her adventures with these vigilante creatures.  Oh, and The Shredder is in it looking like a Transformer half of the time.  I don't want to bash this movie anymore. I, at least, opened up to some okay scenes and a few comedic moments.   
Not a movie I would recommend but I just wanted to get it out of my system because Ninja Turtles were a big part of my life in the late 80's and early 90's. That's it.