Saturday, November 22, 2014

Firecracker

Well, well, well!! What do we got here?  A surreal mystery that wasn't that good.  Tonight, a few friends of mine and myself, decided to pull a triple feature.  The theme: The Three Tits Triple Feature.  We started out with the original Total Recall, then Paul, and ended the night with this one.  Each movie has either a character with three boobs or references it.  I love Total Recall and Paul.  I've seen those numerous of times.  As for my first and most likely only time seeing Firecracker, I was wanting something more.  The first 20 minutes were trippy as hell.  It had potential for cult classic greatness but it died down for me.  I love the carnival stuff.  You can't go wrong with midgets.  Also, Mike Patton (Mr. Bungle and Faith No More) plays two different crazy characters here.  I just didn't like the story, though.  The acting bothered me too.  As for the three boobed lady circus performer, she was only shown in two quick scenes.  No big deal.  So, it was disappointing.
Not recommended.  Not even if you and your buddies ever want to do a Three Boob triple feature. Just don't.  At least this brought a few sci-fi nerds together for 7 hours.  The experience was priceless.



This triple feature was paired with different dishes.  I made corn flakes crusted chicken tenders for Total Recall (there are a few corn flakes moments there).  My friend Mike brought Reese's Pieces for Paul (Paul just like E.T loves them).  Shelled Peanuts were served for Firecracker (we were thinking some kind of circus type snack).  And the icing on the cake, Rey and Asi, contributed a pumpkin Tres Leches cake for the event (Tres Leches, get it?).