Saturday, November 8, 2014

Interstellar (2014)

Wow!  That Christopher Nolan guy never disappoints.  I am speechless.  Okay, maybe I have a few words:  intense, emotional, visually satisfying.  I fucking loved it.  Whenever a Christopher Nolan movie comes out, I tend to stay away from social media, reviews, rotten tomatoes, etc, until I see it firsthand.  And I saw this the way the director wanted people to see it: in 70mm.  As a bonus, I saw it in IMAX too.  My first 70mm Imax experience.  So that alone, enhances the awesomeness of this movie.  I felt my seat tremble quite a few times.  Easily one of the best space movies I've seen.  I remember loving the space experience when I saw Gravity last year.  Well, I personally think this one is a lot more awesome. I caught myself shedding some tears in a couple of moments.  Love the twists and turns.  Nolan style.  It's almost 3 hours long.  At times I do feel it but there was some sequences that were intense that I felt no concept of time.  I ain't spoiling anything about the story here.  This you have to see and judge for yourself.
Must see in the theatres and as big as possible.  Don't watch it at home for your first time.  It won't be the same.  This is a very possible candidate for my top 10 favorites of the year.  Possibly my top 5.