Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Western Wednesday: The Alamo

I finally made it to the Alamo!  An almost three hour epic with John Wayne himself.   I enjoyed the set up to this.  I don't know much about that part of history.  Didn't know Davy Crockett was involved.   This movie drags on a bit in the second half.  Then of course we have the final battle scene at the Alamo.  For a John Wayne movie, I really liked it.  He did good here.  I think this is my favorite John Wayne movie now.  I've only seen three, I think.   As a western,  this was okay.  One of the main scores here is actually the opening song for Inglourious Basterds.  Kudos for my favorite director,  Tarantino,  for paying homage to this long classic.  I had to watch this in two settings due to my busy schedule this week but I got it out of the way.
If you can make the time and haven't yet seen this Western epic, I say it's worth watching.