Saturday, August 30, 2014

Sin City: A Dame To Kill For (2014)

I went in with low expectations to this long awaited sequel and I was still disappointed.  I'm a big fan of the first one.  It is probably my favorite Robert Rodriguez movie to date (well, a tied with From Dusk Til Dawn).  So I was excited for this sequel up until sometime after the first trailer came out.  My gut feeling was telling me that this was going to flop.  Damn it!  I hate to say it but one of my favorite directors is losing his touch.  First off, there were some plotholes in this movie that need more explanation.  The stories seemed very weak.  Yeah, there were some good kills and awesome sequences, but, overall, the stories didn't deliver.  The ending sucked.  I'm not a Jessica Alba fan, she's cute and all, but her acting and carrying a big chunk of the movie didn't do it for me.  Please don't make part 3. Part one was innovated and fresh.  This one seemed like they were milking it.  
I wouldn't recommend this.  Unfortunately, I'm going to have to buy it for my Rodriguez section.  Who knows, I may like it the second time around.  I was buzzed while watching this movie.  My brothers came to town for a guys weekend and started this day with a local brewery tour.  
Saw this at the newly remodeled Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar location.  I can't wait to live here for a whole week during Fantastic Fest.