Sunday, August 3, 2014

Daytime Drinking

I bought this Korean movie for 4 dollars at Hastings just for kicks.  I had it in my "To Rent" list for a while so I figured what the hell.  It's a dramedy.  It's about this one guy who is having a hard time moving on from a break up. His friends invite him to go out of town.  He does so, but, his friends don't make it.  So, he's all alone in this small town.  Little by little, bottle after bottle, he meets other people.  Eventually the poor bastard finds his way.  I admit, this was a bit boring half of the time.  But, I made it a great experience by pairing the movie with a bottle of Soju.  They drink that in the movie.  It was my first time trying it out.  It's almost like a cold sake with a vodka taste.  Actuallly one little bottle got me drunk. And it was 4 in the afternoon.   So I had my own daytime drinking with this movie. Love the ending to this.   That last scene reminded me of the last scene in 500 Days of Summer. 
Overall, this was okay.  Not a movie I would recommend unless you're in the mood to try soju, this movie goes well with it.

I went to Passionate Spirits, a liquor store in Austin with a Korean section,  and got a bottle of soju.  I had a short conversation with the owner about Korean Cinema and he hooked it up with a couple of Korean drinking glasses.  Fuck yeah!