Friday, August 8, 2014

The Man from Earth

My friend Mike likes this movie.  He's been telling me about it for ages now.  I joined Vudu and he added me to his circle to share our movie libraries.   And guess what? This movie was on the list. So I took the time to see it this morning. It was interesting to say the least.  It's a low budget Sci-Fi drama.  It all takes place in a cabin.  The whole movie is about this one guy who has his closest friends over before he leaves town and tells them all that he's actually 14,000 years old and he never ages.  He spends the entire time going through history.   Of course most of the circle don't believe him.  It gets a little tiring after a while.  But, that's what you get.  While I do like the concept and the ideals that it brings, overall, I didn't feel it personally.   
I would've went crazy and left the conversation after a short while but these people stayed the whole day and into the night hearing this caveman's story.  It's a movie, I know.  I wouldn't recommended.  Now, I gotta have a long discussion with Mike and see why he likes this a lot.