Friday, August 1, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Loved it.  Another movie from Marvel that entertained me to the fullest and went above and beyond.  Only 4 other Marvel movies have done that to me in the past 9 years.  The last two X-Men movies (First Class and Future Past), Iron Man, and The Avengers. I can easily say that Guardians of the Galaxy is my favorite movie this year.  A nice balance between humor and action.  Good flow.  Too many damn good memorable scenes with so many great characters.   I never thought I would say that about a movie with Vin Diesel in it.   A lot of powerful moments that are up there in the same rank as moments in Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.  I would like to mention a few examples, but a movie this good, I rather not spoil one bit.  The soundtrack was also badass.  I need to make a mix tape just like the movie.  I already own almost half of the songs.  One more thing that's probably not important for most people: kudos to director James Gunn (writer of the awesome Dawn of the Dead remake).  He started out writing for Troma Studios (a low budget exploitation Z-movie company).  He wrote Tromeo and Juliet for them. Just a tiny trivia: the president of Troma appears in Guardians for two seconds.   I was the only one in the theater that got excited. Okay, that's it.
Badass movie that I can't wait to own.  Must see movie of the year.

Saw this awesome flick with my friend, Casey, on his birthday.   
I was shot in the leg multiple times and Casey, well, he's in critical condition right now.  Hope he pulls through.