Sunday, August 10, 2014

A Fantastic Fear of Everything

A crazy paranoid dark comedy is a way to describe this movie.   I didn't know this movie existed until recently.   I liked it but this movie isn't for everyone.   Its got a schizophrenic style to it.   As a matter of fact, this movie reminds me of a script I wrote back in 2007 called The Schizophrenic Diaries.  Two of the characters from my script have the same kind of behavior as Simon Pegg's character here.  Every scene in this movie is pretty much whacked out crazy and that's what I like sometimes.  And the music? So fucking awesome how well it goes with the scenes.  There's a song every 5 minutes.   Love it.  Pegg plays a writer trying to write a serial killer novel and like most writers in movies,  they sink to their own imaginary world.  He becomes paranoid and becomes part of his own story in a way.  The laundromat scene was awesome.  The characters are mostly over the top and comic like.  Like I've said, this movie isn't for everyone.   I'm just a sucker for schizophrenic like and mentally unstable characters in movies. 
Good little surprise.  I wouldn't mind buying it.  Others, at your own risk.