Monday, January 6, 2014

Zatoichi Night: The Tale of Zatoichi Continues

The Tale of Zatoichi Continues IMDb
Impressive! Zatoichi strikes again. This movie has a lot more battles than the first one.  Here we discover Zatoichi has a brother who only has one arm thanks to Zatoichi.   They both had a feud over the same woman back in the day. Now they reunite to finish what they started.  Meanwhile, the government and gangs are after them.  They still misjudge Zatoichi here for being just a blind man.  I love it cause they never learn.  Didn't like that they ended this movie abruptly. But, still love the hell out of it. It makes me want more and more. I shouldn't have started this night.  I want to watch all of them this week but gotta wait next month for my next Zatoichi fix.
This kicked ass and I would recommend this to any samurai fan.

Bought the Criterion collection set on sale during the holidays.