Monday, January 13, 2014

Toxic Crusaders

My four year old pointed out to my Tox Box set on the shelf and asked to see it.  I showed him the box set and I realized that there was this Animated movie included that I've never seen before.  The Tox Box has the first three Toxic Avenger movies as well. I asked my son if he wanted to see the animated movie, and he said "yes."  So here we are.  There was a time long ago where I was into Troma movies.  I haven't seen one in a while.  I'm considering a Troma monthly movie night in a few years.  Before you call Child Services on me, the Toxic Crusaders cartoon is kid friendly.  It's got the same cheesy feeling like most Troma movies but the content is kid friendly.  This starts out the same way the first Toxic Avenger movie began.  A nerd at the gym gets dumped into Toxic waste that just happens to be there at the right moment.  He turns into a Toxic hero.  He teams up with other mutants to battle the evil Dr. Killemoff (the bad guy with a cliche evil voice).  Dr. Killemoff fails and gets help from these aliens from this other planet.  That's when it went downhill for me.  Just like the movie, Toxie saves this nice looking girl and becomes his girlfriend.  I like the cheesy one liners here.  Classic.  It got more stupid after a while but I knew that going in.  I was surprised my son was paying attention in the first half.
It had some okay moments, but overall, it wasn't enough to entertain me.