Saturday, January 4, 2014

Star Trek: Generations

Last year my friend and reporter in the field, Casey Claiborne, gave me his Star Trek DVD collection so I can catch up.  I saw the first 6 movies and the JJ Abrams movies.  Today I continue with this one.   Captain Kirk passes the torch to Patrick Stewart.   I liked the first half.  Thought it was interesting.  We got this new Star Trek crew trying to get the evil Soran played by Malcolm McDowell.  Soran is interested in some weird world called Nexus in the middle of it he plans to destroy several planets.  William Shatner's Kirk comes out in the beginning before he gets "killed."  How about an appearance by Whoopi Goldberg?  She's right here.  I like "Data" the robot crew member who discovers feelings with his new emotions chip.  I'm not familiar at all with the show so I'm going blind in meeting these characters.  I didn't feel the second half.  Thought it was stretched and a bit slow.  Kind of ruined the overall experience for me. 
I liked some parts but this movie wasn't for me.