Wednesday, February 27, 2013

New Release Tuesday: Chicken With Plums

Chicken With Plums
Read the graphic novel a few weeks ago because I knew this movie was coming out. It is from the same author who did the Persepolis graphic novel.  As far as the story goes, I enjoyed Chicken With Plums a lot more.  The movie was very similar to the book.  Just a few minor details were left out.  But, it was enjoyable.  This is the type of artsy movie I like (not that Tree of Life crap).  Nice imagery here.  Story was cute and depressing at the same time.  It was like a dark comedy.  A story about lost love. And how true love lasts forever.  It's a tragedy.  I love every moment in this film: the annoying son on the bus, the angel of death scene, the suicide attempts inside our main character's head.  This is a must for the Comic/Graphic Novel section.  I felt adventurous today and found an Iranian recipe made Chicken With Plums today.