Wednesday, February 6, 2013

New Release Tuesday: A Late Quartet

A Late Quartet IMDb
Music to my ears, music to my ears.  It was a long fun day with my son today, after he fell asleep, I made some hot tea and enjoyed this dramedy.  It's got Christopher Walken and Philip Seymour Hoffman. What can go wrong?  Yeah, this wasn't anything special or something to make a big fuzz about.  It was just simply a little cute story about a quartet falling apart and moving on.  The classical music went well creating the mood.  There was some sad scenes.  There was scenes that I didn't like. Overall, everything was okay.  For what it is, it was okay to see.  Now, throughout this movie, I kept thinking about the movie, "Sound of Noise," and how badly I wanted to see it again to make this a double feature.  The only two things both movies have in common is that they both feature an orchestra scene and of course they're both about a "band" of musicians.  That's it. Just thought it would be a unique weird double feature.