Sunday, February 10, 2013

Searching For Sugar Man

Searching For Sugar Man IMDb
Very awesome feel good documentary.  Gotta get this for my documentary section.  I first heard about this from a review sometime last year.  I'm a big fan of music in general. This focuses on a mysterious folk musician. Loved it. As a matter of fact, after the movie, I downloaded all the songs by Sixto Rodriguez.  The documentary was touching. Didn't know what to expect.  This has won a lot of awards and it's nominated for an Oscar this year.  There was one scene that made cry a bit out of happiness.  Awesome, so awesome.  It's better not to research or no anything before the documentary.  Just know what the trailer tells you. Who is Sugar Man? Where is he? All answers are here.  The only thing I gotta to say is that this guy is as big as Elvis in South Africa.  My favorite songs: Sugar Man, Cause, and I Wonder.  Must see documentary.  Short and sweet. Now, I want to put on Devil and Daniel Johnston (another great doc about a musician) to make it a double feature.