Sunday, February 24, 2013

Oscar Sunday: Kramer vs. Kramer

Kramer vs. Kramer IMDb
Well today is Oscar Sunday, not only for my personal movie night and blog but for the rest of the world.  The Best Picture this year will most likely go to Argo, unless there's a surprise.  Today, I decided to watch the Best Picture of 1979.  I always heard about this movie but never really knew what was it about.  It's actually a pretty good movie.  I had no idea this was about divorce and being a single parent.  Now, this hits close to home because I'm in this situation.  So, I can kind of relate to some of the things here.  It is messed up when families break apart (in my case, it was my fault), but after a while, sometimes everything is better for everyone.  People make mistakes.  People learn.  Here in this story, the dad is forced to take care of his kid.  He struggles at first but then he becomes a better dad than he once was.  Love the French Toast scene.  I love cooking and I love it when I put my son on the counter and he watches me cook.  Anyways, I can go for hours on this so let's just stick to the movie. I thought it was going to be a bit boring, but it delivered.  Must watch with French Toast.