Wednesday, February 13, 2013

New Release Tuesday: The Sessions

The Sessions IMDb
Nice little indie comedy. I like John Hawkes.  Here he carries the weight of the movie as a guy with polio who can't move most of his body.  There's hope for everybody if this guy gets laid.  He does so with the help by Helen Hunt.  Some nice comedic moments brighten up this movie a bit.  This is based on a true story written by the actual guy who went through this.  How can this disabled guy can still steal women's hearts?  He was able to do it with poems and with his sense of humor.  That's life.  Love is a hard subject (both physical and mental aspect of it). The ending made me thing a bit.  I wonder who will show up at my funeral when I die?  This movie is okay to see.  William H. Macy plays a priest who drinks beer.  That's pretty cool, right?