Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Tourist

NEW RELEASE TUESDAY

Let this be known. I didn't really want to see this movie.
But, because I have OCD when it comes to movies,
every Tuesday I have to watch a movie that came out
that day. Unless of course, there's a special event
or an emergency, or work related stuff.
It was between this movie, Skyline, and Yogi Bear.
Not interested in all of these movies that came out today.
So I went with my gut.


The Tourist
This was going good up until the last 10 minutes.
I went in with very low expectations
and I was enjoying it.
The chases, the secret ops, the gangsters, and
the Italian scenery were wonderful.
But, something in my gut told me this story
was going to have a big twist at the end.
So big of a twist that you don't want to see this movie
ever again. Why did they have to do that?
Johnny Depp's performance was good for the most of the film.
Angelina Jolie, eh, just okay.
The chemistry between them at the end looked fake.
Well, now I got this movie out of the way.
Moving on.
For those who still want to see this movie,
I wouldn't advise it, and you all can stop right here
because below this picture is the spoiler ending
to those who are curious about it.

SPOILER:
Johnny Depp's character is Alexander Pearce,
the guy everyone is looking for.
For the most part, we are led to believe he was just a tourist.
Jolie's character didn't recognize him until
he revealed himself to her at the end.
He paid millions of dollars for high end plastic surgery
so nobody would recognize him.
He revealed to her and the audience by opening
a safe that only the real Alexander Pearce can open.
Right before that part, I told myself, please
don't let him be the real guy.
And sure enough, he punched in a whole bunch of numbers
and the safe opened. Very clever.
Now turn it off.