Friday, March 4, 2011

Enter the Void


Enter the Void
This is the most messed up film I've ever seen.
Never want to experience this again.
But, knowing myself, I might be tempted
for another trip 10 years from now.
But, not anytime soon.
A good way to describe this movie is,
imagine watching the last 10 minutes of 2001: A Space Odyssey
for two hours and forty minutes.
That's what you get here.
The trailer only shows you the glimpses
of this movie.
The whole thing is one bad trip.
Nothing but lights and noises.
My honest opinion, if this movie would of been
one hour shorter, this would of been
acceptable for me and might of even been
a twisted masterpiece.
But, at almost three hours, it was just too much.
I know what Gaspar Noe was going for and
I respect that. But, almost three hours???
Irreversible was only one and half hours.
It was still disturbing, but short.

No matter what, this movie succeeds in the controversy department.
No matter what, whoever sees this, will be scarred and
will be talking about it this for some time.
I need to clear my mind right now and get me some German
beer and some bratwurst and see Inglourious Basterds tonight.
Maybe, that will make me forget just for a bit,
of what I've experienced with Enter the Void.