Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Planet of the Apes

SHAME ON ME NIGHT

[The second Wednesday of every month
I'll see a movie that I am ashamed
to admit I've never seen before.
A movie that most have seen
and it's usually referenced in pop culture.
As a fan of cinema, I shouldn't have missed
these movies, but I did, so shame on me.
This will give me the chance to catch up on those
movies.]

Because this year is the year for alien movies
and it starts this month,
I decided to focus on sci-fi movies.
The following five sci-fi films I've never seen before:

Original Metropolis
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Original Planet of the Apes
Original Tron
Original The Earth That Stood Still

According to all my film experts,
the original Planet of the Apes is the most Shame on Me.

Runner Up: Invasion of the Body Snatchers (I have to see this one day).


Planet of the Apes
Great stuff!
No wonder this is a classic.
Love the ending.
I saw Tim Burton's remake a few times already.
So, shame on me for not giving
the original a chance earlier in life.
The story here is simple but great.
In Tim Burton's version, it was more complex.

For a film from 1968, bravo for all the ape costumes
and make-up, really good and realistic.