Friday, March 11, 2011

Source Code (2011)

SXSW SPECIAL

I received a Platinum Press Badge for work
to cover some SXSW events.
I received this at the last minute.
I won't be able to fully take advantage of this badge,
but, whenever I can, I'll be checking out some of the films
from this year's SXSW.

SXSW Movie Screening #1:


Source Code
It was an honor in watching this film at the Paramount
sitting near Vera Farmiga and Jake Gyllenhaal.
This is the opening film for the whole SXSW
and I'm here to report that this movie blew me away.
This is this year's Inception.
At least that's the way I feel about it.
But, don't want to start a big hype.
I didn't know what the story was about
before going. So that might of been the reason
why I loved the film. It surprised me.
This is the same director who did Moon
(Duncan Jones). He was present as well.
Picture the movie, Groundhog Day, as a sci-fi,
and this is somewhat like that.
Love the sounds.
Love the shots.
Love the ending.
This touches on some things that are personal to me.
So, there was some emotional things happening.

I'm not going to discuss any details here.
This movie comes out nationwide next month.
If you want my opinion, I'll tell you this is my favorite
movie so far this year (I've only seen three).