Thursday, March 3, 2011

Due Date


Due Date
Funny!!
Not hilariously funny like Old School or The Hangover,
but, proud to say this made me laugh a few times.
I had a problem in the first twenty minutes or so.
When these two strangers first meet outside at the airport,
it felt a bit jumpy. They were talking to each other
like they knew each other for a while.
I didn't like that. And it happens again a few moments later.
But, after a while, this gets good for me.
Especially the stoner scenes.
Todd Phillips does good with stoner moments.
My favorite moment in the movie, "Road Trip,"
was the scene where they're smoking weed with the
old man and the dog starts talking.
With Due Date, the bear scene made me burst out laughing.
This is almost like a stoner comedy.
If it weren't for those moments, this would be just alright.
But, in my book, this gets some good props.

I put this in par with "Road Trip."
Sounds like a double feature idea.
So, if I was to put my favorite movies from Todd Phillips
in order it would be like this:
1. Old School 2. The Hangover
3. Tie between Due Date and Road Trip
4. Starsky and Hutch
5. School for Scoundrels