Friday, March 18, 2011

Otis Under Sky (2011)

SXSW SPECIAL

SXSW Screening #6:


Otis Under Sky
This is a little independent drama filmed entirely
in Austin TX.
Love all the landscapes and spots of Austin
that was shown on here.
Made me one to take one whole day off and enjoy
everything all at once.
I like the first half of this movie.
There's little bit of humor and little
bit of great storytelling.
The second half just got a little boring for me.
I know this was filmed almost with no budget
but I wasn't feeling the story.
Yeah, it's artsy. Yeah, there's a spiritual message
with a hint of buddhism.
I respect that.
But I found it to be a bit boring with the slow narration
and the montage at the end.

Kudos for the wonderful shots captured digitally.
There's a lot of things I haven't done here in Austin
and I'm working on my five years living here.
I can't wait to try canoeing this summer.