Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sucker Punch (2011)


Sucker Punch
This is my first official Imax feature length movie experience.
I'm glad I was able to experience that.
Over these past few days, I heard mostly negative stuff about
this movie. I heard this was a complete mess, failure,
and disappointing. I was feeling a little sad hearing these
things. But, I still had to see it for myself.
I went in with low expectations.
I came out entertained.
Yeah, this was nothing special.
Probably my least favorite Zack Snyder film.
But, man, this was not bad at all.
Totally made by a fan for fans.
I like the concept, even though,
halfway through, the end became predictable.
No surprises.
Some of these shots and cgi stuff was freaking killer in Imax.
Felt like a game.
This is like Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World.
The difference are:
- This story is not as good.
- It's more of a modern game look rather than retro.
- The music totally sucks here for me. They should
of kept the original songs rather than the remix.
- Instead of 7 evil exes, we have four items to get to escape this place.

I wish this would of been rated R
for bloody sequences and stuff.
But, it is what it is.
So, in my book, I give this an alright rating.
Could of been a whole lot better,
but, I put it almost the same level as I felt
with Battle: Los Angeles.
Not great as we expected, but alright.
Go with low expectations.
My top two Snyder films are:
Watchmen and the Dawn of the Dead remake.