Friday, January 1, 2010

White Zombie / Zombies Anonymous


White Zombie
Tonight, I had me a zombie double feature.
What a way to start the new year.
Last year I saw over 10 zombie films I never seen before.
And I got hooked.
I had to satisfy my zombie craving tonight with these two.
This zombie classic was the first to screen.
Bela Lugosi is one crazy actor.
This was only an hour and 5 minutes.
The audio wasn't very good and there was several jump cuts.
But this came out in 1932, so that's understandable.
I heard this is the very first movie about zombies.
This is not the typical zombies we know today.
These zombies do not crave human flesh.
They just roam the earth because of some curse.
I enjoyed the story.

A good zombie classic for the zombie collection.



Zombies Anonymous
Going into this, I knew I was going to see some stupid stuff.
Sure enough, this is a stupid movie.
But, it's the kind of stupidity I enjoy.
At first, I was annoyed by the amateur acting
and directing, but then I got used to it.
Halfway through, I didn't mind all this.
The gore is fantastic.
The concept of the story is good.
Zombies can talk in this movie.
This is a modern zombie exploitation cheezy flick.
And for that reason, I had a good time in this movie
and I thought it was alright.

This movie is not for everyone. It's extremely low budget.
I probably won't recommend this even to zombie fans.
But, if you're curious about this, I say give it a shot.
Maybe you'll hated or maybe you'll think it's alright.