Thursday, January 28, 2010

Blade II

Catching Up With A Director Segment
[Each month of this year I will pick a director and see
five movies that I've never seen before
from that director.
I will watch them throughout the month.]

This month's director is Guillermo Del Toro.
I saw the Hellboy movies and Cronos already this month.
The only other films I've seen before
from Del Toro are Pan's Labyrinth and Devil's Backbone.
The 4th Guillermo Del Toro film this month is:


Blade II
Visually awesome.
Started out really good.
Then it was alright.
Kudos for the ending.
The sound also gets honorable mention.
I remember seeing the first Blade movie a long time ago.
I wasn't feeling it, so I never bothered
to watch the sequel. Thanks to this segment,
I'm glad I did. So far, Guillermo Del Toro has not disappointed me.
Yeah, the story gets weak here towards the end, but
it's fun entertainment.