Saturday, January 16, 2010

Moon, Adios Sabata, The Hurt Locker, and Halloween 2

It's been a crazy week in my personal life.
My wife and I had our baby boy this week.
We weren't expecting him until March.
Everything is fine now.
I been in the hospital this whole time.
Not to worry, while killing time at the hospital, I caught up with
the movies I missed this week.

So let's start with:

New Release Tuesdays Presents:

Moon
This was one great sci-fi flick.
Kudos to Sam Rockwell for his excellent performance.
When I first heard about this, I thought this
was some kind of 2001: A Space Odyssey ripoff.
But, I guarantee you, this is not.
It's better if I don't give out details.
Love the colors on this.
My favorite part is when Sam plays "Walking on Sunshine."
There's some drama and comedy in this flick as well.

Not to be missed. Definitely worth the rent.



This past Wednesday was supposed to be the first
Spaghetti Western Night of the year.
Due to my family emergency,
I postponed it until this past Thursday.

[Every second Wednesday of every month, I will
see a new spaghetti western I never seen before.]

Spaghetti Western Night (Encore)
Presents:

Adios, Sabata
This is spaghetti western delite.
I didn't think I was going to enjoy this as much
as I did.
This is not a direct sequel to the first movie, Sabata
(which I saw a couple of years back).
But some of the actors are back here playing
different roles. This is also the same director
from Sabata.
I recommend buying The Sabata Trilogy box set.
These are excellent flicks we got here.
The music here is good.
And I love the ending.
I prefer Lee Van Cleef playing Sabata but Yul Brynner
is an alright substitute.


Next month, I will be watching the third installment
of The Sabata Trilogy. It is called, "The Return of Sabata."
And it stars Lee Van Cleef again as the title role.


Friday Night I saw the following bad ass flick:


The Hurt Locker
From the very beginning, this film sucked me right in.
The energy is unbelievable.
It felt like I was there.
I didn't know what was going to happen next.
Pure adrenaline war rush.
But, that's about it.
I'm not talking masterpiece.
Just great entertainment.
If you like the movie, "The Kingdom."
Then this is a must see. Equally as good.
My favorite part was the part with the suicide bomber who
was strapped and wanted the Army to disarm him.

This is a must see war movie.
Definitely has a big shot as Best Movie of 2009,
but Inglourious Basterds is still more fun and more
entertaining in my opinion.


And I saved the worst for last.


Halloween 2 (2009)
Before I get started on my comments on this.
Just want to say, I was one of those people
who was against the idea of the making of this sequel
from the very beginning. I think Zombie's first Halloween
is a masterpiece that's better than any Halloween movies out
there. They should of left it like that.
Despite all the negative reviews part 2 got
when it came out in theatres, I promise myself
I would watch it on DVD, because I am a Rob Zombie fan
and I was curious of what he did with this one.
So here we go:
I was disappointed. That wasn't a surprise.
I went in with low expectations, and I was still disappointed.
My favorite part happens near the beginning.
Michael stabs the shit out this black nurse.
I thought that was cool.
But the rest of the kills were repetitive.
Nothing new and exciting. There's gore,
but could of been more creative.
There's 5 Reasons why I didn't like this movie:
1. No one seemed to care that Michael's body
was never found after part 1's incident.
2.The movie never explained how the hell
he survived that big gunshot to the head.
3. Laurie was more annoying than ever.
4. Michael Myers seemed to be at the right
place at the right time. Why did he show up
to the party just to kill the people who were
making out in the van? Then the next scene,
he's in the house where Laurie stays at.
5. I hated those dream sequences with Michael's mom.
Her acting and behavior is way different than part 1.

I don't recommend this movie.
I'm going to wait a while and get it under 5 bucks
for the Rob Zombie collection.