Saturday, January 30, 2010

Infernal Affairs


Infernal Affairs
Late last night, I decided to pop open some Kirin Ichiban
with a little bit of sushi and some Panda Express.
It was at that moment where I realized that
I have an Asian film to watch.
It's not Japanese but from Hong Kong.
It is this movie that later was remade as "The Departed."
Being a big fan of "The Departed," I couldn't help but
figuring out the differences. It's about 95 percent the same.
With Infernal Affairs, the timeline and order is different.
The feeling in this movie is more tragic than "The Departed."
However, the performances and direction of "The Departed" were
more better for me.
Still, this is a good film.
It's part of a trilogy. I don't know if I'll see the
rest of the trilogy anytime soon.
There certain scenes that make this more tragic.
Besides the ending, the scene where "Sp Wong" dies
was more dramatic than the scene where Martin Sheen's character
dies in "The Departed."

Good to check out. And good for any gangster or Asian
collection.