Thursday, December 31, 2009

*****End of the Year 2009 Recap******

This blog started out as a New Year Resolution for 2009.
It was to see at least 20 movies I never seen before each month.
That's 240 movies for the whole year.
I saw 272 movies that I never seen before this year.
60 out of the 272 are movies that came out in 2009.
This coming year, I'm going to be busy being a father
and other important things.
I don't know if I'll be able to top 272.
My goal for this coming year is
to see at least 200 movies I never seen before.

Here's 10 movies I saw and enjoyed
the most that came out in 2009:
1. Inglourious Basterds
2. Watchmen
3. Zombieland
4. The Hangover
5. The Fantastic Mr. Fox
6. Drag Me To Hell
7. District 9
8. Sin Nombre
9. Observe and Report
10. Yesterday

Honorable Mentions: I Love You, Man, Sweet Karma,
Dead Snow, Up, and Star Trek

5 top 2009 Comedies I saw:
1. The Hangover
2. Observe and Report
3. I Love You, Man
4. World's Greatest Dad
5. (500) Days of Summer

5 top 2009 Action/Drama/Genre movies I saw:
1. Inglourious Basterds
2. Watchmen
3. Zombieland
4. Sin Nombre
5. Yesterday

5 top 2009 Sci Fi Movies I saw:
1. District 9
2. Star Trek
3. Kenny Begins
4. Terminator: Salvation
5. Alien Trespass

5 top 2009 Animation
(I only saw these 5)
1. The Fantastic Mr. Fox
2. Up
3. 9
4. The Haunted World Of El Superbeasto
5. Coraline

5 top 2009 Horror
1. Drag Me To Hell
2. Dead Snow
3. Thirst
4. Orphan
5. The Last House on the Left

Here's 10 worst films of 2009 that I saw:
(from least hated to most hated)
10. Friday the 13th remake
09. Adventureland
08. The Goods
07. Bridge to Nowhere
06. Bruno
05. Dark Country
04. The Hills Run Red
03. 7 Soles
02. Grace
01. Fighting
Dishonorable Mentions: Paranormal Activity,
The Taking of Pelhalm 123, and Buratino

What's new for 2010 on my film watching hobby??
After planning and research,
I will be having the following personal movie nights:
Every Tuesday will still be New Release Tuesdays
(in which I see a movie on dvd that came out that day),
Friday at the Grindhouse will be moved to the 4th Friday
of each month.
Spaghetti Western Night has moved to the 2nd Wednesday
of each month instead of the 3rd.
No more Asian, Gangster, and Foreign nights
(no reason to have these on a specific night because
I watch a bunch of these every month).
Instead we will have:
Documentary Monday (1st Monday)
Animation Thursday (3rd Thursday)
Linda's Chick Flick Night (2nd Saturday)
in addition, I will have a segment called,
"Catching up with a Director."
Every month I choose a director that I like but haven't seen
all their films and I will watch 5 of their films
throughout a month.
(For example: I haven't seen the early works of
Stanley Kubrick. So throughout February, I will watch five
films I haven't seen by Kubrick.)

We're done with the year, but before I leave you,
here's a random video moment from
the Low Budget Theatre Room.
I was about to see my #1 movie of the year
for the 3rd time.


Happy New Year!!!