Friday, December 4, 2009

Slaughter Hotel / Turkey Shoot

Friday at the Grindhouse Presents:


Slaughter Hotel
This first movie I saw tonight definitely had
the grindhouse feel to it.
It kinda felt like the movie, Thriller: A Cruel Picture,
but it didn't have a great story.
Can't believe Fernando Di Leo directed this.
He's the director behind some of the exploitation gangster flicks
that I like.
Slaughter Hotel had a lot of places where the movie
jump from one scene to another.
It was also a little bizarre, especially this weird animal like
dance sequence.
And they made sure to have a lot nudity in almost
every scene.
I would of liked some of the murders to be a bit more violent.

You have to be in the mood to watch this grindhouse flick,
if not, then you may not enjoy it.




Turkey Shoot
The second half of my grindhouse night, I decided
to watch this ozploitation flick.
This is a movie that I first heard about when I saw
the documentary, "Not Quite Hollywood."
Man, these guards from this camp are meaner than the nazis.
The story was good.
There's a lot of cheesy moments anyone can
expect from these kinds of films.
Like some of the dialogue. It's classic.
The reason I saw this was because I heard
about some of the great gore.
But to me, it didn't deliver in that department.
Don't get me wrong, the gore was okay but
not as good as the hype.
I've seen better.
Some scenes got a little boring for me
that I was falling asleep. But it could of also been
the time, (it was around 3:00 a.m).

This one had wonderful shots.
Good prisoner camp movie.