Thursday, April 2, 2015

Into the Woods

I went in with an open mind with this musical but I couldn't help getting annoyed by it.  I love musicals.  I learned to love them over the years.  I just didn't enjoy this one.  Maybe because I'm still in awe that I saw a sexploitation 70's musical version of Alice in Wonderland the night before that everything else seems lame for now.  I need to process what I just wrote.  (Sipping my coffee) Fuck it, it is what it is.  Into the Woods started out alright.  Interesting to see the Cinderella story mixed with all these other fairy tales.  After a while, I just didn't give a fuck. I was mad actually.  Cinderella kept going to the festival each night to dance with the prince.  And each night, she runs off like a mad woman.  The prince should've done something the second time around rather than the third time.  But, it's all part of the story.  I wanted more out of the songs too.  I wanted more out the witch character as well.  There, I don't like talking shit.  So I'm going to stop.    
Watch at your own risk.  Here's an interesting thought:  I wonder how this would be like if Tim Burton would have directed this.  The songs would've probably been better with Danny Elfman in charge.  In a perfect world.