Sunday, April 12, 2015

Beyond the Valley of the Dolls

It's about time that I saw this cheesy exploitation cult classic.  It's about time.  Awesome one-liners,  awesome looking women, groovy soundtrack, cheesy plot.  Yup, I had a nice Friday morning yesterday.  This movie is referenced in a lot of music like in songs from Sublime, Nature, and I think White Zombie.  This is not a sequel to Valley of the Dolls.  They even say it in the beginning.  It's all one trippy ride in the Hollywood late 60's scene.  Lots of naked women here just for the sake of it.  Can you believe this is written and produced by legendary movie critic, Roger Ebert?  Well, believe it now, motherfucker!  
You know what you are getting yourself into with this movie.  I will definitely buy it for my grindhouse section.   Life is special little birdy.