Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Cine Las Americas: Mr. Kaplan

This was the closing night film for Cine Las Americas last Sunday.  This was fucking hilarious.  It's from Uruguay.  I love the pacing.  I was laughing or at least smiling throughout this film.  It's about this 80 year old guy who wants to find a purpose to go on.  Then, he finds out that there is a nazi hiding in South America.  He is convinced that this nazi is in Uruguay when he finds out that an old German guy lives near a beach.  So the mystery and private eye adventure begins.  Mr. Kaplan is a smart comedy.  I have a feeling some bastard is going to remake this here in the U.S. someday.  I nominate Christopher Walken to play Mr. Kaplan.  Anyways, I love this movie.  My favorite of the festival, for sure.
Good recommendation.  Worth buying as well.  I wish this was considered a "2015" movie on IMDb.  Good contender for Top 10 of the year.  

That concludes my short but good time at the festival this past weekend.