Thursday, April 23, 2015

Chappie (2015)

Fucking Chappie.  I give it props for originality.  Best "human gets beaten by a robot" scene of the year so far goes to this movie.  There were some cool action scenes.  Cute little moments with Chappie.  The gimmick got old quick, though.  It was a cool concept but the delivery wasn't there.  I got tired of "baby" Chappie.  Got tired of his maker.  I would have wanted better kills with the actual villains of the movie.  Hell, the one awesome kill with lots of blood happens to one of the guys who wasn't that bad of an asshole.  Chappie was practically a kid the whole way except for the last few minutes when all of a sudden, he became a lot smarter. I tried really hard to give it a chance with my low expectations but I now know why a lot of people didn't like it.    If I ever start a robot collection, I would get this for its originality but at a discount price.  Not a priority.  Best robot movie so far this year is Ex Machina.  Now that one is a priority for a robot collection. 
Giving Chappie a 4 out of 10.