Monday, April 27, 2015

Cine Las Americas: What's The Use? (2015)

  This past Saturday, I was invited to attend the premiere of a film made by my filmmaker friend, Nicole Elmer.  It premiered at the Cine Las Americas film festival.  This is her second film.  It's an over-caffeinated black comedy.  Shot mostly guerilla style.  Lots of crazy shots.  The editing must have been intense.  It felt like an experimental fim with stock footage and all.  I liked the Alice in Wonderland analogy and metaphor to the story.  Some quick cuts and sequences that reminds me of the crazy quick cuts found in movies like Natural Born Killers.  It was an okay film to see.  It was definitely a different experience.  I came here to support Nicole's film and it's mission accomplished.  I respect her efforts and her courage to make film.  It's hard to judge a film made by someone you know (at least for me).
Giving this one a solid 6 out of 10.

  
Here's a shot of the Q and A for the film.