Monday, April 27, 2015

Cine Las Americas: Agave is Life

Saw three films yesterday at the Cine Las Americas Film Festival.  The first one was this documentary.  It's all about agave.  The title is not misleading at all.  Everything you ever wanted to know about agave is right here.  Narrated by Edward James Olmos.  This covers a lot of the history and how people today are still trying to keep the agave traditions alive. I had no interest in the subject but this screening along with the other two after were offered to me for free.  So I shouldn't complain.
 If you are a curious agave fan then check it out.  This made me want to go get a couple of tequila shots.

I went to the Cine Las Americas film festival yesterday, not only to watch films, but because I volunteered. An acquaintance I met at the Austin Film Festival last year happens to be a board member to this festival.  She asked me to be the photographer for Sunday's festivities and in exchange I can watch some movies.  Some people, know how to get me.  Okay, I'm copying of what I posted on  Facebook yesterday.  Fuck it.  I'm done.