Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Beastmaster

BATTLE FILM ROYALE 2012 

This year, a group of friends and I, decided to throw our
very first annual movie marathon.
It was five of us in the group and each of us were to
pick two movies that we can screen for others.
The movies can be any movies of any genre.
Very random.
It was an awesome all nighter experience.
We were able to pull off a total of 6 movies this year.
Five of those, I've never seen.  So here's my comments on
the first one:






















The Beastmaster
I always hear about this movie but never made time
to watch it.  It's one of those classic adventures from the 80's that,
unless you saw it as a kid, the magic isn't the same as an adult.
This was the first screening of the night.
It was pretty cheesy and cool creature effects.
Since I didn't grow up with this, I didn't like it as much
as most people who did.
It was a pretty basic storyline:
Guy who talks to animals and saves a kingdom.
Cool cheesy music.
I enjoyed it as a nice surprise but not enough to be called
a fan. 
Some creatures did look a little scary.