Thursday, October 11, 2012

South American Cinema Night: Goodbye Momo

SOUTH AMERICAN CINEMA NIGHT 

Every 2nd Wednesday of every month
I'll be checking out a movie from any country in South America.
My goal is to see one movie from each country.
This excludes any films I see at film festivals.

Tonight's movie is from Uruguay:





















Goodbye Momo
Clever cute moments makes this movie pretty good.
I like the first half of the movie.
Just watching that first half, I should of had me a bottle
of coke and some cake (which is what this kid eats in
like three scenes).
The second half gets a little artsy for me.
Nothing wrong with being artsy.
Sometimes I like it and sometimes I don't.
There's a lot of things here that I guess you have to
know a lot of about Uruguayan culture to understand,
especially the ending.
I like the clowns stuff in the beginning.
It get a little tiring later.
The weird writer tutor guy was pretty good.
That was probably my favorite moments in the film:
the parts where our main kid is learning to read and write.
Not a bad movie.