Friday, October 26, 2012

Kung Fu Friday: The Magnificent Butcher

KUNG FU FRIDAY 

Every fourth Friday of every month this year,
I'll be checking out a kung fu movie of any period.
Gives me an excuse to kick the walls and break blocks of wood.
Also gives me the excuse to go to I Luv Video or Vulcan Video
and catch up on some great kung fu flicks out there.





















The Magnificent Butcher
This Kung Fu flick was pretty cool.
My favorite scene here is the fighting scene that
happens near the beginning (fighting with paint brushes).
I like the cheesiness here.
Choreography was very awesome.
What can you expect from this movie made by the same
guy who choreographed Kill Bill, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon,
and etc?
This had a drunken master in it (always drinking wine).
This had some five fingers of death stuff
with the evil master turning his hands red.
Some characters were lost along the way but
this is all about the fighting and the humor.
In the old school Kung Fu department, this delivered.
I may add this to my Kung Fu section one day.
We'll see.











This movie was served with Asian pork and veggies over rice: